Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tug-A-War by Matasha Lee Let the Games begin

Tug-a-War by Matasha Lee

Let the games begin,

Um, I don't think I'm ready to play this game,

Here are the rules,

Are you listening,

Go,

Wait,

Opponent 1:

Everyone deserves a chance.
We should be kind to everyone.
Generosity is key.
Love your neighbor as yourself.
Don't we all deserve a chance on love.
Don't you agree


Okay, Come on, Opponent 1, pull as hard as you can,
Get her to agree with you,

Isn't that what life suppose to be like,
To love and cherish one another,

Opponent 2,

Pull,

No, that isn't what life is all about.
You have to go out there and get yours,
Rather they like it or not.
It is either, you or them?
You have to choose who it will be,
And you know it can't be you.
Treat them cruel that is the only way
They will love you.
People love when you don't give a fuck about them.

STOP,
I don't wanna play any more.
I get it,
Now,
Let me go.
No,
The game isn't over,
You have to choose a side,
But you know what happen last time you were too nice,
You almost lost everything,
And Opponent 2, can be right
(Opponent 2: thank you)
You're welcome, but you don't want to end up alone.

Where is the balance?
I'm tired of being punished for caring,
Then punish for not.
I need help.
Stop pulling me,
I can't be apart of your tug of war.
I can't play these games.

So,
Who do you choose?

I, I,
(Tears)
I can't

Speak up

I said I can't
It hurts so bad
To do right,
To break into your no,
And pull out a yes,
To give your all,
And to the receiver
It isn't good enough.
I don't want that pain back,

But,
I don't want to be bitter and cold,
So, cold,
No one dares approach me,
So cruel that I have no understanding or compassion
For my fellow man!

I don't know!

Okay,
Opponent 1 & 2,
This is your chance,
Pull,
Persuade her.

I SAID I DONT WANT TO PLAY THESE GAMES.
STOP IT!

I choose neither.
I choose to learn a better way,
By emptying and opening myself up
To spiritual guidance
Of gaining a different path.

Love still works! ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment