Monday, April 13, 2015

Healing: Let laughter heal your soul

Often times when I find myself having a really bad day, it never fells that laughter finds me or I find it. Laughter is so essential to just letting go of what was bothering me, and honestly, what was once trying to control me, it simply has left. I'm no longer bothered by what I was once letting consume me. I know laughter can be a form of healing but let's not rely on what I say let's see what some professional sites say.

"Humor is infectious. The sound of roaring laughter is far more contagious than any cough, sniffle, or sneeze. When laughter is shared, it binds people together and increases happiness and intimacy. Laughter also triggers healthy physical changes in the body. Humor and laughter strengthen your immune system, boost your energy, diminish pain, and protect you from the damaging effects of stress. Best of all, this priceless medicine is fun, free, and easy to use."
http://www.helpguide.org/articles/emotional-health/laughter-is-the-best-medicine.htm

 

"Laughter is good for your health

  • Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
  • Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
  • Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
  • Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems."
http://www.helpguide.org/articles/emotional-health/laughter-is-the-best-medicine.htm

Laughing is definitely contagious. I am laughing now with my son as he record me singing, "Tis the season to be jolly." God is listening and he is sending hope our way. The positive thing about writing is that you leave a little note in the world to remind you of what you should do the next time you find yourself needing to heal.


"Creating opportunities to laugh

  • Watch a funny movie or TV show.
  • Go to a comedy club.
  • Read the funny pages.
  • Seek out funny people.
  • Share a good joke or a funny story.
  • Check out your bookstore’s humor section.
  • Host game night with friends.
  • Play with a pet.
  • Go to a “laughter yoga” class.
  • Goof around with children.
  • Do something silly.
  • Make time for fun activities (e.g. bowling, miniature golfing, karaoke)."
http://www.helpguide.org/articles/emotional-health/laughter-is-the-best-medicine.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment