Monday, April 13, 2015

Healing (pbs.org articles)

Touching on the subject of forgiveness always leads in a direction of healing because let's face it, it isn't easy to get over what someone has done, what you have done to someone else, or what you have done to yourself. It is hard to face up to the fact that, "I'm just not over it," but it doesn't have to end there, that is why we have a day to day process, just imagine if we had to cram Monday-Friday into our lives, not on the count, of everything else we put ourselves through each day, and the relationships we have to keep up like a tidy house, somewhere in the midst of our chaotic lives we have to find time to heal. I have researched some ways for us to heal. I am using the word, us because I've been there, and still find myself there sometimes, needing to revisit a happy place and tell myself what I have went through is over because sometimes pain tends to linger, and you have to clean up the residues of the stains that have been left behind. It is so many ways to heal.

"1. Go through it, not around it.
 I realize the most difficult task for a person with a broken heart is to stand still and feel the crack. But that is exactly what she must do. Because no shortcut is without its share of obstructions. Here’s a simple fact: You have to grieve in order to move on. During the 18 months of my severe depression, my therapist repeated almost every visit: “Go through it. Not around it.” Because if I went around some of the issues that were tearing me apart inside, then I would bump into them somewhere down the line, just like being caught in the center of a traffic circle. By going through the intense pain, I eventually surfaced as a stronger person ready to tackle problems head on. Soon the pain lost its stronghold over me."
http://www.pbs.org/thisemotionallife/blogs/12-ways-mend-broken-heart

There is complete serenity and calmness on this page the article is presented on.
Sometimes, it isn't easy to face our problems, or those who have hurt us, or simply the man in the mirror. We tend to desire to go around the issue, and hope it will just go away. I know I've had moments of hoping that what I am feeling or what I am going through would just pass without me having to deal with it, but I've often noticed that it keeps reoccurring until I face it. Lord, knows I hate facing it, just go away already, but as the statement in the articles say, we have to face it. Maybe, there are different ways of facing the problem. (Okay, I've been looking for articles that may have came up with creative ways of approaching someone that may have harmed you or a problem you have to face, and I'm not receiving the answer relatable to the topic at hand, so, I will move on.)
Nevertheless, journal entries is always a positive way to approach a problem and deal with it. (Write it down) I know one of the articles mentioned just simply accept it, and sometimes that can be the easiest way. I Accept what happen to me, but I will not be victim of it, I will be a Victor.
theyogaandhealth.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment