Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Dear Heart by Matasha Lee (poetry) pt.1

Dear Heart by Matasha Lee

I hope I haven't let you down again, 

Lately I've been dreaming about Once upon a times, 

I know, I shouldn't dream about Forever after 

Because I must protect you, guard you from the what ifs of life.

We have been through so much together and I know I've hurt you. 

I tried, please forgive me!

I only think that each time I fail I can get up, 

When I want to quit, to keep going, 

When I'm losing faith to get on my knees and talk to God, 

I really thought, this time, it would be different, 

I know, I've said it all before. 

I've pulled at my heart strings and asked for a sweet sounding melody of the harps playing, but only received the blues. 

So, how can you trust me, not to hurt you?

Why would you believe me?

When I leave this letter I will have to get back in motion to repair you, cleanse you, and revive you. 

I don't want to lose you in my quest for love, 

I must stop and build my wall again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment