Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Beauty of my story through poetry: "Mommy's Doll"-Matasha Lee

I have already posted, Mommy's Doll, on my blog, but I am reposting it for the series of poetry based on my life so far.


Mommy’s Doll by Matasha Lee

It is time to get my doll out to play:

to stroke her hair, dress her, and to play pretend.

 I comb her thick, gorgeous, charcoal black hair so she can look pretty.

 I put her hair into a ponytail,

 and apply her bows and ribbons.

 Oh, how adorable she will be for all my friends and family to see.

 Her hair is now done.

 I lay her on the bed as I pick out a dress for her to wear.

 I hang all her clothes in my closet.

 I pick out a pink floral dress with a white ribbon tied to the waistline.

 Yes, this is the one.

 I pick her up neatly.

 I do not want to mess up her hair.

 I gently put the dress upon her head and pull it down to fit.

 Fixing every part of her dress, so she can look presentable.

 I sat dolly up on the bed and look at how beautiful she is.

I pick her up, hold her, and say, "Awe, how I love you, dolly."

I place her down and walked away.

When I came back, dolly sat in the same place.

She was still perfect.

I went, looked in the mirror, and saw my perfections,

I had my hair tied in a ponytail with a ribbon streaming in my hair,

with my all pink dress on with a white bow tied in the back.

My dolly and I looked just alike.

Our clothes where neat and our hair was gently combed.

We are perfectly made.

But there is something different: my reflection is showing my scars.

Dolly is not abused like I.

I pick up a marker and draw scars upon her lifeless body.

Now, we can play pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment