Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Beauty of my story: Poetry Edition, Heart Tied by Matasha Lee


Heart Tied

 

Failed relationship after failed relationship,

Broken promises to my heart that I will never hurt it again,

He walks by and I melt,

Trapped in his web,

I sit and cry, trying to figure out why I just can’t let go.

Love is calling, should I answer or just turn away.

The phone is ringing,

My mind is saying I’ve had enough,

Yes, enough with the games,

Enough with the lies,

Enough with the long, sleepless nights,

Enough with the watching everyone else experience the one knee,

And hearing them say, I do,

Where is my happy ending?

A knock is at the door,

I answer,

He stands before me and I stare.

He comes to me with open arms, but I just run away,

I thought I would be running alone, until I felt his hand catch my arm,

“Please stay,”

Why didn’t he just let me run away?

I pause in my tracks,

He pulls me closer, and whispers,

“I’ll never let you go.”

My body shivers as chills run down my spine.

He catches my tear before it falls,

And I turn around and smile,

He has connected my soul with his,

We must never be apart,

Our hearts are tied,

I live inside of him, and he dwells inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment