Thursday, March 12, 2015

Love that Stands the Test of Time!

A Story of Love by Amber Root: I am Listening
 
 
"My husband and I met when I was in high school.
 
We were friends for a year and a half before we even started dating.
 
We dated the whole time I was at University.
 
 It was hard to be in a long distance relationship.
 
But we made it work.
 
He proposed to me a month before i went back for my senior year at UC Berkeley.
 
 This is how you know a man is capable of listening.
 
When he proposed it was by giving me a hard cover of the first book we ever talked about on the first day we ever met.
 
 The proposal was on the back page.
 
I tell you this: I couldnt even see the ring my eyes were so misty.
 
The next year, as we planned the wedding, we were tested more times than I can count.
 
But on a sunny day in May, I walked down the isle.
 
 It"s funny but the only thing I remember with perfect clarity was my husband's smile as we met at the end of the isle.
 
It was a smile you could live a lifetime in.
 
Two kids and ten years later I am still living in that smile."
 
(Not my image)


No comments:

Post a Comment