Wednesday, March 11, 2015

War Wounds of Beauty by Matasha Lee

War Wounds of Beauty
 
 
I carry the scars of the deepest depths of the ocean.
 
My secret treasure buried within me.
 
My story unfolds before me,
 
but behind a mask, I do not hide.
 
I do not shadow my thoughts.
 
My mind is visible to see.
 
Shine the light on my heart beat.
 
I promise you it won't lie,
 
It will whisper softly, so listen up carefully.
 
There is a road that leads to my Pain
 
But when you get there you will not find any,
 
only a construction sign that says do not enter!
 
I think of myself as being under recovery.
 
My fashion of being is perfect.
 
I wear my garment knowing that I belong here.
 
My head is held high.
 
I do not have a sinking ground.
 
There is no weird tunnel to get to me.
 
There is no secret code or pathway.
 
I carry the words of integrity upon my shoulders.
 
If you take my shirt off and reveal my back,
 
you will see the war wounds of beauty,
 
but know that I am not ashame.
 
I do not hide my flesh.
 
I walk around naked.
 
It is not revealing to me.
 
I want you to see all of me.
 
Don't live a lie about me that I did not create!
 
Don't fool yourself but learn.
 
I promise I do not have anything to hide.
 
I've been to war and won.
 
Warrior princess is one of my names.
 
Written by: Matasha Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment