Monday, March 30, 2015

Poetry night, story telling: Thou shall not steal: The Robbery of my heart by Matasha Lee

Thou shall not steal: The Robbery of my Heart ©
 
 
I have robbed myself of this beautiful life by living in a canvas of dreams not painted by my own hands.
 
I have never danced the night away.
 
I haven't walked on the beach and seen the smooth sand between my toes.
 
What have I done?
 
Why would I commit this crime and why am I just learning that there is more to life than just pain?
 
I am ready to wear the tears of joy.
 
I want to know what it feels like to lay under the stars and watch the moon glisten against my skin.
 
To walk along the beach at night and the stars dance upon the ocean shore.
 
I want to know what it feels like to live like Adam and Eve before they were kicked out of the garden, and they walked among the midst of God in the very cool of the day.
 
I know there is more to life than my natural eyes have seen.
 
I can taste victory like it's the new drink.
 
I can taste success like it has 100 calories
(Yes, it is good for me)
 
I will not rest till I see every dream manifested before me and I awake free of charges of robbery.
 
Written by: Matasha Lee
 
http://www.hugohd.com/wp-content/uploads/Beaches-At-Night-Time-Best-Wallpaper-hugohd.com_.jpeg



No comments:

Post a Comment